1/8 cup oil
3/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 cup GF flour blend (see below)
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup slivered almonds
chocolate for dipping (opt)
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together oil and sugar until well blended. Mix in the vanilla and almond extract, then beat in the egg. Combine flour, salt, baking powder, and xanthan gum; gradually stir into egg mixture. Mix in chocolate chips and almonds by hand.
- Form a 12x2 inch log on a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Dough may be sticky; wet hands with cool water to handle dough more easily.
- Bake for 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until logs are light brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 275 degrees F.
- Carefully cut log on diagonal into 3/4 inch thick slices. Lay on sides on parchment covered cookie sheet. Bake approximately 8-10 minutes. Flip slices and bake additional 8-10 minutes, or until dry; cool.
- Once cooled, melt dipping chocolate and pour on a plate. Dip bottoms only of biscotti in melted chocolate. Place on a cookie sheet and allow chocolate to set.
GF Flour Blend
Mix 2 cups rice flour, 2/3 cup potato starch, and 1/3 cup tapioca flour. Store extra mix in an airtight container.