Monday, September 22, 2008

Rachel's Famous 7 Layer Bean Dip

Please keep in mind, this is a recipe I don't measure things on, I just add stuff until it tastes good. However, the sour cream and the guacamole is what makes this the best. (This is my husband's absolute favorite and he asks me to make it for everything!)

Ingredients:
2-3 cans of refried beans
1 cup (or so) or sour cream
1/2 pkg. taco seasoning (or more to taste)
2-3 ripe avocados
3/4 cup (or so) mayo
garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
dash of pepper
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. lemon juice
salsa
cheese
chopped tomatoes
chopped green onions
olives
tortilla chips

Preparation:
Spread out the beans in a 9X13 pan. Mix the sour cream and taco seasoning together and spread over the top of the beans. For the guacamole, mash the avocados. Add mayo, garlic powder, salt, pepper, onion powder, lemon juice and mix. (Just add what you like until it tastes good or you can follow a guacamole recipe but the mayo is key to making it taste so good!) Layer the guacamole, salsa, cheese, tomatoes, and green onions. Add olives if you like, but I never do because I don't like them. Eat!!! And keep refrigerated.

No comments: