Ingredients for Jar
1/2 cup powdered coffee creamer
1 (2.25 oz.) bottle red sugar (you can color 1/3 cup sugar with a few drops of red food coloring and mix well)
1/4 cup hard peppermint candies, crushed
circle of heavy paper
1/2 cup chocolate flavored drink mix (like Quick)
1/2 cup dry milk (scant 1/2 cup)
1. Place ingredients in Jar in order listed above, placing a circle of heavy paper on top of the crushed peppermints to prevent powdered sugar from sifting down through the peppermints. (If you want to make a diagonal design tip jar on edge but cut out your circle into an oval.)
2. Decorate jar.
3. Attach tag.
1. Empty cocoa mix into a large mixing bowl. Remove and discard paper circle.
2. Blend mix very well with a whisk.
3. Place mix back into jar or a container of your choice.
4. Place 1 1/2 to 2 Tblsp. mix into a cup. Add 1 cup boiling water. Stir until mixture is completely dissolved. Top with whipped cream if desired.