- 5 apples - peeled, cored, and sliced
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (Yes, you CAN taste the wheat)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4-1/3 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place apples in an 8x8 glass inch baking dish. Toss apples with syrup. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, oats, sugar, and salt. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle mixture evenly over apples.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, until topping is golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.