- lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- can (16 oz) Old El Paso® refried beans
- jar (16 oz) Old El Paso® Thick ‘n Chunky salsa
- package (1 oz) Old El Paso® 40% less-sodium taco seasoning mix
- 2 1/2
- cups coarsely broken tortilla chips
- medium green bell pepper, chopped (3/4 cup)
- medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- medium tomatoes, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- cup shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese (4 oz)
- cup sliced ripe olives (opt)
- cup shredded lettuce
- Heat oven to 350°F. In 12-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in refried beans, salsa and taco seasoning mix. Reduce heat to medium. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- In ungreased 2-quart casserole, place 2 cups of the broken tortilla chips. Top evenly with beef mixture. Sprinkle with bell pepper, onions, 1 cup of the tomato, the cheese and olives.
- Bake uncovered 20 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly and cheese is melted. Top baked casserole with lettuce, remaining 1/2 cup tomato and remaining 1/2 cup tortilla chips. Makes 5 servings.
1 Serving (1 1/2 Cups)
% Daily Value*:*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.