Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Fried Banana Bread

Trust me, it's lovely.  And please believe me that you DO NOT want to calculate the calories, all or which are totally worth it.


  • Start with a high fat content banana bread recipe.  (Leah and I use this one.)
  • Spray a non-stick pan with Pam.  
  • Put your banana bread in the pan and pan-"fry" it with the Pam.  (You could use butter, but Leah and I actually found that makes the banana bread soggy and doesn't give it the nice crisp.  It has nothing to do with calories.)
  • When your banana bread is nicely browned and the outsides are crisp, put the slices on individual plates.  
  • Place a scoop of vanilla ice cream on each hot slice of banana bread.
  • Top ice cream with syrup (buttermilk of maple) and walnuts.  
This is one of my all-time favorites.  I'll upload a picture next time we make it!


No comments: