Monday, November 14, 2011

Michelle's Stuffed Pumpkin

It's that time of year, when I like to make stuffed pumpkin for dinner, and my family complains that I've made it! This year I decided to try my own recipe in hopes that everyone would be happy, and it worked! This is awesome, and everybody ate it.



Ingredients:

1 small pumpkin

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp dry mustard

1/3lb (or so) cooked breakfast sausage

3 c. prepared corn bread stuffing

1 apple, peeled and chopped

1/4 cup craisins


Directions:

Cut top off of pumpkin and deseed. Poke holes in the inside of the pumpkin with a fork, if desired. Rub pumpkin with salt and mustard. Mix other ingredients and spoon into pumpkin. Put pumpkin lid back on and place in an 8x8 pan with a little water in the bottom. Bake at 350 for 90 minutes, or until the pumpkin is tender. Serve both the filling and the pumpkin.

No comments: