These cookies are divine. They're not exactly healthy (at all), so the trick here is moderation. Hahaha. Easier said than done...
I do think they're about 130 calories a piece though, depending on size.
3 cups white flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup salted butter, room tempterature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 egg + 1 egg white
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup sour cream
1. Sift together flour, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar. Beat at medium speed for a couple minutes until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg and egg white to butter/sugar. Beat until smooth. Add vanilla and sour cream. Mix until combined.
4. Add dry ingredients to batter and mix until just combined. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
5. Preheat oven to 425. Roll out dough to 1/4" thickness. Cut in small (2" diameter) circles. Put cookies on cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes. Cookies should be lightly golden with light brown bottoms.
6. Cool completely.
1 cup strawberries
1/2 cup salted butter, room temperature
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1. Slice strawberries and puree them. Put in small saucepan on stove over medium heat. Reduce to about 50% (about 10 minutes). Let strawberries cool completely.
2. Beat butter on high speed until very fluffy. Add vanilla and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Beat on high. Slowly add the remaining cup of powdered sugar, carefully so that you don't make a gigantic mess. Beat frosting until light and frothy.
3. Add cooled strawberry puree. Beat on high until frosting is fluffy. (You can add milk or powdered sugar to achieve desired consistency.)
4. Frost cooled cookies.