- Start with a high fat content banana bread recipe. (Leah and I use this one.)
- Spray a non-stick pan with Pam.
- Put your banana bread in the pan and pan-"fry" it with the Pam. (You could use butter, but Leah and I actually found that makes the banana bread soggy and doesn't give it the nice crisp. It has nothing to do with calories.)
- When your banana bread is nicely browned and the outsides are crisp, put the slices on individual plates.
- Place a scoop of vanilla ice cream on each hot slice of banana bread.
- Top ice cream with syrup (buttermilk of maple) and walnuts.
This is one of my all-time favorites. I'll upload a picture next time we make it!